Friday, December 19, 2014

Nail Art: Frozen's Anna Inspired Nails (T)

Hi guys! Sorry I haven't been posting much lately!! I've been pretty busy lately. I'm blaming the new boyfriend. Hahaha! But honestly its been really nice to be busy for once.

Ok so guys have probably heard of Disney's Frozen right?! It was a massive hit last year! This year the tv show Once Upon a Time has had a Frozen theme which I've actually really really liked. The costumes are gorgeous and I think the actresses playing both Anna and Elsa have done a great job! Anyways the fall finale just aired on Sunday and as the Frozen story arc is wrapping up I decided to do some Frozen themed nails!!

I took inspiration from Anna's dress primarily and a few of the nail arts that other bloggers have done with the same theme (Chalkboard Nails here and Polish Art Addict here! Thank you ladies for the inspiration!!) I really wanted to do a chevron tip mani to mimic the V-shape on the waist of her dress with the gold trim separating the black and blue colours! I was trying to give it a rich, luxurious feel (like a princess) which is why I chose to use glowy, shimmer polishes. I'm really happy with how it turned out in person, but I'm not totally pleased with my photography. It's been dark and dreary the last few days and my camera just cannot function in this low lighting. There is a step by step at the end of the post in case your interested!






















Step by step:
1) I did 2 coats of ILNP Iconic (holographic gold) although any gold would have sufficed *must be totally 100% dry before moving on
2) Used striping tape to make the chevron shape on the nail tip (note dont use gold striping tape like me, it makes it very hard to see if the chevron is even or not lol)
3) Painted OPI Black onyx (black creme polish) below the tape and painted Billie Cosmetics Dark Blue (a shimmery royal blue) above the tape
4) Removed the tape before the polish dried
5) Painted tulips on the black using Butter London Wallis (shimmery moss green) for the leaves and stem and OPI  Suzi and the 7 Dusseldorfs (shimmery fushia) for the flower
6) Top Coat! (Seche vite for me!)


Hope you guys are having a great winter break! And a Merry Christmas (if you celebrate it)!! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love comments! I answer every single one, so be sure to come back or subscribe to comments on the sidebar to get my response <3 Please refrain from link-dropping unless there is a specific, related post you'd like me to see. Thanks again <3!