Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Tiff's Guest Blog Series: Lilac Lovely + Dancing with the Stars + Spider Woes

Hey guys so I tried to do a few swatches for you today but I had a little trouble... then more trouble... So this sucks, but I'm going to show you anyway. So the first polish I have is Lilypad Lacquer's "Lilac Lovely". It is a beautiful purple holographic polish that is a bit of a tricky chameleon in that it looks kind of "blurple" (blue-purple) in the shade. But honestly its so pretty I don't even care if its difficult to describe!

So my troubles began when I forgot to give my pinky finger a third coat of polish and didn't see the bald spot I left. It's only sort of noticeable. Whoopsy.







Then part way through taking pictures I bumped my pinky on a flower. And got a big ol' gouge. Crap. But at least you can the chameleon thing I was talking about!



So next I swatched Jindie Nails "Dancing with the Stars" on top. This is one coat dabbed on without top coat. 


And I managed to get one decent picture before I encountered this scary beast. And he/she scared the living shit out of me. It was green. GREEN. I thought it was a harmless little bug. Nope. Nope nope nope nope nope nope. Its a spider. It's green spider. I counted the legs. Spider. Gaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. SO naturally I crashed into my camera in my haste to get away from this terrifying beast. Naturally. And of course I got a huge gouge in my index finger. But I went back and got a shot of him as proof. With the help of a lot zoom. There was no way I was getting that close to it. Nope. So enjoy the rest of the truly awful gouged pictures. Sorry!






So minus the gouge, I actually like this combo a lot. Dancing with the Stars is a white, black and hot pink mix of almost every glitter shape known to man. There are stars, moons, hexes, circles, diamonds, like everything but bar glitter (not my favourite anyways). The base is clear with a scattered holo, although its not visible on top of lilac lovely's linear holo. My only whine is that I found a few big, white rectangular glitter chunks that kind of reminded me of left over pieces from cutting out other shapes. I picked them off or avoided them altogether. Nothing to really worry about! Anyways, this combo kind of looks a little Halloween-ish, maybe Witchy? I dunno but I like it. Hope you like it too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love comments! I answer every single one, so be sure to come back or subscribe to comments on the sidebar to get my response <3 Please refrain from link-dropping unless there is a specific, related post you'd like me to see. Thanks again <3!