Saturday, January 12, 2013

Swatch: Elianto Red

Another from my friend Sybil! She passed along this gorgeous red colour from the brand Elianto. The red in the bottle looks like it has subtle gold flakies in it and it's absolutely gorgeous. It, like Bloop, is a jelly, and it dries nicely shiny and the flakies are much more noticeable in person. The name had since fallen off the bottom so if somebody knows anything, leave me a comment!

This is two coats. I did use Bloop as a basecoat so I'm not sure if this has any VNL after two coats.



You can see the flakie-ness in the bottle here
 Becaause I didn't have my Seche with me, I used my new Julep Suede Matte topcoat, which I recently got in the New Year's Eve Mystery Box. It was pretty nice, though it wasn't doing this polish in particular any favours (in person - these picture actually look better than real life).


I can kind of see why they're calling it "Suede" rather than straight-up "Matte". It seems to be softer than my WarPaint Matte topcoat, if you know what I mean. I should do a comparison over one colour one day... Would you be interested?

What have you guys been wearing on your nails lately?

2 comments:

  1. I love that red!

    Do you have any other Julep polishes? I'm so sceptical of them because I'm not sure I've ever seen a review raving about them. Everyone seems to feel they're only so-so, which isn't enough to convince me that the price tag is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a TON of Julep last year when they had deals or I convinced two friends to join up for a penny. Their referral system only gives you points if people buy a full-priced box though, and I don't know if they'll ship outside of US/Canada, but if you do want some Julep I would wait for the Mystery Boxes because you're almost guaranteed 5 different colours (or some great products - they do have great products).

      If you're patient and spread out your $20 mystery box purchases, you'll probably/definitely get different colours every time. If you don't spread them out, just be aware that you'll probably end up with copies of certain colours (that didn't sell well? Who knows.) which you could gift or give away or swap.

      If you can get a box, use the code PENNY or google for one if that doesn't work to pay only 1 cent for the first intro box, k? At least then it's hassle-free try =)

      The short answer is no, the price tag is not worth it - but there's sales. Lots of sales and deals.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I love comments! I answer every single one, so be sure to come back or subscribe to comments on the sidebar to get my response <3 Please refrain from link-dropping unless there is a specific, related post you'd like me to see. Thanks again <3!