Friday, January 4, 2013

Poutine: Brado Pizza

Today was a good day for food and for walking AKA not-being-a-walrusing-slob. I planned a date with an old coworker (whom I scarred for life on his second day, and he actually came back talking to me of his own free will xP) and invited some of my poutine-friends =D I had to find a vegetarian option and google led me to Brado Pizza on 1399 Commercial Drive - a fifteen minute walk north from the station.

We went in and got a large poutine pizza (IT IS A THING)... (~$15)


 It was massive. Lookit all these attractive people enjoying this shit...

Ooooh yeah, baby...

Paul is ready to attack this nom. (Ain't he cute?)

Rowr! (My mouth was full of delicious fry)


This is an extra large poutine, which we got after the pizza... I know. It was $11 though =O

Soooooo good. The pizza was a good kick. You would never guess it was completely vegetarian! The owner came by - a Montreal native. I think and he was saying it's real Canadian Pizza, since poutine isn't anywhere else in the world xP He was really adorable. He also deserves waaay more business than he's been getting. He attributed it to Canadian attitude, we need to hear that it's good before we go try something ourselves.

SO HERE IT IS FELLOW CANADIANS AND VANCOUVERITES. It's AMAZEBALLS.
  1. Dunn's Famous
  2. Preston's
  3. Brado Pizza
  4. Mean Poutine
  5. Zako's Deli
  6. Belgian Fries
  7. Frenchies
  8. La Poutinerie
  9. Fritz
  10. La Belle Patate
  11. Dougie Dog
It's not beer gravy, or Dunn's, but dang it was good.

Check the full list here <3

4 comments:

  1. Awe! I miss Paul! How is he doing? One day he was just gone from work and didn't say bye or anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He randomly texted me one day! Apparently he had a really bad time of it at Zellers (though that might be because he never talked to any of us, and we're amazing). He's got a new job and is much happier now I think <3

      Delete
  2. I am absolutely drooling over this!

    I'm on a diet right now that definitely prohibits anything like this but it will definitely be in my dreams - it looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thing it's not an Australian food then, huh? Good luck on your diet; they're so hard!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I love comments! I answer every single one, so be sure to come back or subscribe to comments on the sidebar to get my response <3 Please refrain from link-dropping unless there is a specific, related post you'd like me to see. Thanks again <3!