Monday, November 5, 2012

Swatch: Julep America the Beautiful

After putting on China Glaze Fast Track of course I didn't want to leave it alone! I thought, with such a toned down base colour, I can go crazy on top of it! I looked for a complicated glitter and found Julep America The Beautiful from back in July.

Ummm... Here's one coat...



 Here's two coats...


I wasn't really impressed with this tonight. I'm going to try it again when I'm in more of a party mood but for now... yeah... I dunno. I think these pictures look much better than it did in person. I wasn't that impressed. To try to salvage it, I mattifed it...


WarPaint Mattify
 This made it MUCH easier to see the star (not many of which come out of that bottle... but that might just be 'cause there isn't that many) but it's still not great...

Just for kicks, I tried a layer of Sally Hansen Urban Chic, a scattered holo topcoat and THAT is where the sparkle came from!!

I love that topcoat... That being said, as soon as I had taken my pictures, I took a tissue and swiped these clean off. Oh well! I think the fails are interesting for you guys to see too =P Ugh, this is really ugly...

Did you get this colour in your July Julep box? Did you like it?

Remember you can sign up for Julep right here, and I think you can still use the code PENNY for your first box for 1 cent. They changed the program though, so that I only get credit when you pay full price for a box which means if you cancel out right away, I get nothing, and if you skip every time, I also get nothing. Which just goes to show how much I love you! Have a penny box <3 (hopefully).

PS: If that code doesn't work, please somebody tell me so!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love comments! I answer every single one, so be sure to come back or subscribe to comments on the sidebar to get my response <3 Please refrain from link-dropping unless there is a specific, related post you'd like me to see. Thanks again <3!