Wednesday, August 29, 2012

TLDoS#12 Summer Nights

A couple weeks ago we had a FANTASTIC thunder and lightning (NOTE SPELLING) storm. About the same time I saw this post on Spektor's Nails, leading to this tutorial:

The effect was so cool that I had to try it! Everything is easy when it's broken into steps =)

Here we go:

I started with Julep Maggie and then set up my little workstation (aka the floor of my room).

Ulta Snow White and Essence You Belong To Me, Break Through, Let's Get Lost, A Lovely Secret
So I didn't take pictures of steps (even though I intended to). I just started sponging starting from the cuticle end of my nail in a cloudy shape, and then more stripey down towards the tips. Then I added white using the brush you see in the picture above. Then, like the tutorial, I put either the light blue or the darker at the tips where the lightning strikes.

It's not terrible!

It looks really good from a little bit of distance actually

Other hand =)
 And then of course I couldn't resist glitter ==

Odille 74

Like rain!

Or sparks!
I think I'm going to fall behind again because I don't really want to take this off O_o; SIGH. But yay! Go see all the rest now =D

Hannah from Polished Prisms
Victoria from The Manicurator
Alyson from Beads, Nails, Food
Amanda Murphy Mandy's Polish
Sue O'Connor  Creative Nails by Sue 
Katee from A Girl and Her Polish
Charlotte-Louise Charlotte's Nails
Jessica from Nearly Natural Nails
Karine from Karinea0a 
Jen from The Polished Zombie
Jessica from Jessica's Nail Tales
Ashley from One Nail to Another
Pryanka from Nail Sparks
Anna from Polished Cousins
Maribeth from Obsessive Cosmetic Hoarders Unite
Kayono (aka Johanna) from Neues vom Kellerkind
Amanda Schott  from Counting Down to Bliss
Nichole Mowery from Adventures of the Nail Friends
Stephanie Oblas from A Little Polish
Becky Barnett from Glam Fiend
Elysse Patty from Elyssian Beauty

4 comments:

  1. I have been admiring that manicure too... sooo pretty. I really like your turn on it. :D Love it with the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Like I mentioned I was worried it would look weird because the lines wouldn't be thin enough but from far away (read: the distance normal people would see it at rather than me/us RIGHT AT OUR NOSES =P). I really wanna see you do this! I bet it turns out amazing!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for spelling lightning correctly. That drives me nuts! Lol. Very cool mani. I love storms and think this is a great idea for nail art. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good I'm not the only Grammar/Spelling Nazi around here! I hope you'll try it and show us sometime. The storm we had was super awesome, but scared the big dog so bad he hid in a corner and shivered xD Hope your cats are better with them haha =P

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I love comments! I answer every single one, so be sure to come back or subscribe to comments on the sidebar to get my response <3 Please refrain from link-dropping unless there is a specific, related post you'd like me to see. Thanks again <3!